Re: Disk Management

On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 03:01:06PM -0200, Rodolfo Barbosa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I`m building two HP ProLiant ML350 G5 with Etch. Now each one has two
> 500GB SATA HDD and one 160GB SATA HDD. What I wanna know is: What is the
> bast way to manage those disks to future upgrades?
> I know that if I use LVM I`ll be able to attach new disks to the system.
> What about the hardware RAID of these servers? Can I attach new HDD to
> an RAID array?

Can't help you with the details but the ML350G5 should come with a
Smart Array E200i which according to:

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantstorage/arraycontrollers/smartarraye200/benefits.html

can:

	# Online RAID Level Migration (between any RAID level) with BBWC
	# Online Capacity Expansion with BBWC

Sounds like you'll need some BBWC (never a bad idea though =-)

Pasc