Re: Password file with over 3000 users.

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 05:03:54AM -0400, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 06:25:01PM +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:
> > changing something that will break things for the majority in order
> > to cater for a miniscule minority (embedded systems developers) is a
> > ludicrous proposition. it makes no sense at all.
> >
> So, you would be in favor not improving the compilers or fixing compiler
> bugs?

thanks for the stupid straw-man argument. it highlights the irrational
thinking behind the proposal to replace bash with dash.

> I mean there are C and C++ "features" that are in violation of the
> spec or which are clearly buggy behavior.  But of course, we shoud

fixing actual bugs is completely different from arbitrarily breaking
things for no good reason.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>

BOFH excuse #81:

Please excuse me, I have to circuit an AC line through my head to get
this database working.