Debian sarge kernel update

Any one else seeing an (as of now) unannounced Debian Sarge kernel
update?  I haven't seen anything mentioned publicly yet, but I have a
system saying it came out (on a mirror) about an hour ago.

Package: kernel-image-2.6-686-smp
PPro/Celeron/PII/PIII/P4 SMP.
 This package will always depend on the latest 2.6 kernel image
available
 for Pentium Pro/Celeron/Pentium II/Pentium III/Pentium 4 with SMP
support.
 SMP (symmetric multi-processing) is needed if you have multiple
processors.

Any ideas on what this if for?

-Jim P.