Re: OT how works warranty

mimo schrieb:
This is probably really off-topic. Maybe someone can share their experience.

We bought a server almost 2 years ago. Running GNU/Debian Linux. After a couple of months the machine starts failing badly (hd problems). We return it to the warranty people - they say they fixed it. After a month it fails again. We return it - they say they fixed it. This went on about three times. Last time we return it unpackaged. They complain, send us photos. All we can really see is some scratches on the chassis. They say they fix it - I put it up last week, fails again with same problem as before after 24 hours. Now they say the warranty is void (3 year on site) because we didn't ship it correctly. I wonder if anyone else has any ideas what to do. I mean they never managed to fix it and I even wonder whether they actually reproduced the problem.

Warranty depends on the laws of your country.(This is the minimum you must always get from a manufacturer regardless of what are the warranty rules of the product) ...

In Germany iirc you can insist to get your money back after 3 times repair for the *same failure* or you could get the product exchanged to a "failure free" one. (But i dont know and dont think it would affect the producers warranty cause this is in most cases longer (3 Years e.g.) than laws dictacte so it is a "bonus" from the manufacturer). Perhaps you could find more infos in the docu or on the manufacturers website?.

thanks and sorry for being OT

mimo

hth
MH