Re: Webserver Redundacy

Miles Fidelman wrote:
If one is using "Listen" commands in your Apache config. file, I don't you can simply tell set your backup (or redundant) daemon to listen on addresses that aren't currently active. Won't Apache complain at startup about "can't bind to address?"
First, "Listen" defines the *ports* Apache listens on. BindAddress defines the IP's

Secondly, in most stock Apache configs I've seen, they come with "BindAddress *", and it only binds to the addresses that are active anyway.

- Joe