Re: Debian Production Server Modem Query

On Fri, 2007-02-16 at 15:46 +1000, Julian De Marchi wrote:
> ... but will be pointless if the internet connection goes down

... and a phone line could be just as pointless if your internet
connection is down due to local telco fiber cut.

I encourage you to look into some sort of SMS or GPRS monitoring
solution.  I don't know of any enterprise strength ones, but a cheap USB
capable cellphone and some tricky shell scripting can be a very powerful
solution.

-Jim P.