Re: ispCP

Anoop Alias wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Recently there has been a fork in the VHCS ( http://vhcs.net ) project
> ,promising faster development time and releases.
>
> Also the project had become more open natured with a call for public
> participation and a Subversion access
>

> =============================
> http://trac.inetcentral.de/ispcp/
> =============================
>
> With a package installer and a host of other features in the
> pipeline,this project is gonna rock the hosting control panel industry

Can I ask why it's now a fork of the main project, and why you don't
keep it on the hands of Alex, the main developer? Did he do his job the
wrong way, or did he want to stop to work on it? Was it not open to
contributions the way you wanted?

Also, if Alex is not working on it, do you think that this project can
survive the lost of it's main developer? How many ACTIVE people are
working on it, and how many code line a day is produced, do you know?

Just to let you know what happening on our project: we receive more and
more people switching from VHCS, and there's now a big bunch of
contributors (but still less than 10). But I still think that if I stop,
then the whole thing is going to stop as well.

I was hoping to see a lot of people contribute package installer
modules, and it half happened (we have about 10 packages that are now a
bit outdated in version). Beware also that the maintenance work for a
package installer can take a long time, and that this will never be able
to be sent to the main Debian repo (I removed it from our main project
and now ship ip in a different CVS + deb repo).

Thomas