Re: mknod on /dev/hda when it's already a directory - ??

On Sun, Jan 07, 2007 at 07:53:02PM -0600, mark david mcCreary wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 01:31:09 +0100, Matej Kovac wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 07, 2007 at 05:43:43PM -0600, mark david mcCreary wrote:
> >>  I've got an old Debian Woody machine that is running fine, but somehow
> >>  /dev/hda has become a directory.
> >>
> > [...]
[...]
> Thanks for the debugging questions.  Things look normal to my eye, so
> if you have any more ideas, let me know.

you should be able to remove (or rename) /dev/hda and mknod. to
configr the new nod works try fdisk /dev/hda, print parditions...
and quit. then reboot and check file system (with -f). but do
a backup first as there seems to be something dark in the wild.

I'm not kidding with the backup, strange inodes managet to get
part of my ~ to eternity.

--
matej kovac
matej.kovac@telnet.sk