RedHat Kernel SRPM

Dear List,

I have the issue that I need to compile a RedHat kernel due to a driver/ support issue.

I pulled the SRPM from ftp.redhat.com:/pub/..../updates/.../

This file contains a vanilla kernel, lots of patches and a kernel26.spec file. kern2deb can convert this to a normal kernel - but it only seems to do this for specific versions of the kernel - it does not seem to know how to use the .spec file.

Does anyone have more experience on getting this done?

Thanks

Andrew

PS: Is there any way of getting the normal kernel from the RedHat site/ not an update?