Re: How to track (identify) website visitors?

On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 05:53:54PM +0100, Ralf G. R. Bergs wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> we would like to be able to track who visits a link promoted in a
> newsletter sent to a small circle of customers.

[...]

> Are there any tools available that facilitates this? Any other
> suggestions as to how to accomplish our goal?

It's really not hard; hash their email address and then
include the hash into the URL they visit.  From your access logs or
whatever web application you can then determine which email
address's recipients visited which pages.

Cheers,
Andy

--
http://strugglers.net/wiki/Xen_hosting -- A Xen VPS hosting hobby
Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB