Re: setting up my own dyndns like server

Hi Oliver,

in case you want something simple, homebrewn:
* apt-get install pdns-backend-mysql (or sqlite etc)
* Set up your domain in the domains and records tables (ttl as low as
required)
* Make sure no firewall blocks port 53
* Test it using "host -a yourdyndomain.net
your-freshly-setup-nameserver.org"
* Quick-hack a
http://dyndns.mydomain.org/[scriptinglanguage-of-your-choice].html
script to fetch a DNS update request via http
* Update the required a-record in your SQL database from "REMOTE_ADDR"
or the IP address passed in the request.
* Make sure you have some sort of authentication so not every one will
update your records at will ;-)

Cheers,
Norbert.