[SOLVED] no /sys/block/md*/md/level on 2.6.8-2-686 causes checkarray failure

On 10/8/07, martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:
> also sprach Alexandros Papadopoulos <apapadop@alumni.cmu.edu> [2007.10.08.0916 +0100]:
> > Hi - I recently noticed that the package mdadm on Debian stable
> > installs the script /etc/cron.d/mdadm which invokes
> > /usr/share/mdadm/checkarray, which in turn tries to execute the
> > following in line 117:
>
> This is not really an issue for debian-isp.

For future reference, which list would be best for mdadm related
issues on production servers?

> > This fails on my system (Linux 2.6.8-2-686 #1 Tue Aug 16 13:22:48 UTC
> > 2005 i686 GNU/Linux) since "md/level" is not to be found in ls -l
> > /sys/block/md*/
> >
> > Clearly the kernel is not too old. How could I debug this?
>
> Yes, your kernel is too old for checkarray. Either you upgrade, or
> you disable checkarray runs with dpkg-reconfigure mdadm.

I stand corrected - I believed that the /sys interface did not
significantly change in minor releases of the kernel (2.6.8 vs 2.6.18
which is latest stable).

Thanks for the help.

-A