Re: [semi-OT] Dead Tyan machine??

Michael Loftis wrote:
--On September 30, 2007 6:13:56 PM -0400 "Roberto C. Sánchez" <roberto@connexer.com> wrote:
OK.  Well, it is apparently some sort of memory error.  I was able to
get things "working" by swapping the position of the RAM modules in
slots 1 and 2 (they are numbered 1-4).

Run memtest86 to verify memory issues, replace or remove the bad RAM. Sounds pretty clear you have bad RAM, makes it really obvious what you need to do, fix the bad RAM.

I second this - it sounds like the memory that was in slot 1 and is now in slot 2 may be the culprit, but Memtest will be able to confirm that...

Gavin

--

Gavin Westwood
Solutium