Re: [semi-OT] Dead Tyan machine??

--On September 30, 2007 6:13:56 PM -0400 "Roberto C. Sánchez" <roberto@connexer.com> wrote:

OK.  Well, it is apparently some sort of memory error.  I was able to
get things "working" by swapping the position of the RAM modules in
slots 1 and 2 (they are numbered 1-4).

Run memtest86 to verify memory issues, replace or remove the bad RAM. Sounds pretty clear you have bad RAM, makes it really obvious what you need to do, fix the bad RAM.

However, I am still having problems.  Starting Xen guest domains results
in them hanging the whole machine.  I have enabled debug-level logging,
but it is not showing anything useful.  Just the domain starting, then
something like "unpausing domain" or "domain unpaused" (I am not in
front of the logs at the moment) and then the machine is hung.  I reboot
and chekk all the dom0's logs and there is nothing to indicate a
problem.

Any ideas?

Regards,

-Roberto