Re: non-PHP webmail

On 29/07/07, Roberto C. Sánchez <roberto@connexer.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 08:45:10AM -0700, Seth Mattinen wrote:
> >
> > PHP's problems are typically caused by horrible programming practice -
>
> Except that such horrible programming practice is *promoted* by the
> language and its developers?  I mean, register_globals?!?!

Which, since I think V4 has been default off. It is still used to
great effect on intranets and non web applications.

> > such as using variables from user input and assuming PHP will make the
> > input safe. Based on server logs, Windows still seems to be a very
> > highly targeted attack vector too. So why make a comment about PHP like
> > that?
> >
> > Sorry to interject this, but that comment smacks of ignorance to me.
> >
> There is nothing ignorant about his remark.

I have found php to be bombproof(especially on debian) as long as the
security updates are kept up. I think this is the same for everything
tho.

But I don't think this was meant to a language war

So Im going to suggest Neomail (perl).

Cheers,

Andy