Fwd: Debian on HP Proliant DL320 G5 (+3Ware?)

Forwarding to list....

Begin forwarded message:

From: Andrew Miehs <andrew@2sheds.de>
On 25/07/2007, at 9:22 PM, Frédéric VANNIÈRE wrote:

We are currently using Supermicro servers (Core2Duo) with 3Ware RAID-1 cards. Because of several hardware failures we are planning of using HP Proliant DL320 G5 servers (1U, Xeon DualCore,2 SATA Hot-Swap) but with a custom
RAID card because Intel's integrated RAID (82801GR/ICH7R) is not well
supported on Linux (except RH ...).

I would stay away from the 1HE SuperMicro Machines - very bad Karma...
(And the SCSI backplanes in the 4HE cause lots of trouble tooo)...

We have migrated to HP DL360G5s with p400i and ?e100? raid controllers.
Since then, no problems - I can definitely recommend them.

(And the supplied RAID cards work as advertised.)

Regards,

Andrew