Re: SPF

Craig Sanders wrote:
On Sat, Jun 30, 2007 at 02:07:15PM -0400, Chris Wagner wrote:

Personally I think SPF is useless.  I get plenty of spam that is SPF pass
and plenty of legit mail that is SPF fail.

you misunderstand what SPF is for.  SPF is *NOT* an anti-spam system. it
is an anti-forgery system.
That's what I've always thought it to be. The only role it seems to play in spam-blocking is that it should make RBL's more effective.
complaining that SPF doesn't block spam is like complaining that
jelly doesn't cut through steel.

Well, maybe a better analogy might be that a knife-sharpener doesn't cut through steak. It just makes the *knife* cut the steak better.

- Joe