Re: FW: captive portal + count the minutes

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 11:27:46 -0500, Luis wrote in message
<[🔎] 00b701c7a78e$734b0740$59e115c0$@com.pe>:

> My scenario : a user "X"  that can use internet for 300 minutes on 15
> day....
>
> User "X" before yesterday used 60 minutes
>
> User "X" yesterday used 40 minutes
>
> User "X" today used 115 minutes
>
> User "X" tomorrow will use 15 minutes
>
> User "X" after tomorrow will use 70 minutes ..... here the total of the
> minutes assigned for the user "X" finished and the user can't to use
> internet

..can this portal do things like e.g.
'Ban User "X" if he runs Wintendo \
&& Allow User "X" if he runs Debian'?

..a 3'rd option is "offer Windroid X a menu of safe OS'es to fetch
and run instead of Wintendo, to access Internet safely."
(Just a wee wifi spot biz idea, but if Microsoft can't secure their
"OS", HTFAISTDI?)  (Anything capable of running any recent Wintendo
is also capable of running a decent live-cd in ramdisk, where even
Knoppix, Damnsmalllinux and Ubuntu rocks.)

..can be controlled by some kinda p0f deamon, but has anyone here seen
or heard of such tool sets in use for this purpose?

..portal module doc pointers, or ideas etc much appreciated.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: