Re: mysterious (futex)-hangs with pgsql authentication

also sprach martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> [2007.05.18.1533 +0200]:
> works, so I hacked up /bin/testshell, and it turns out that commands
> like ls -l /home and getent passwd do *not* work for the
> pgsql-defined user krafft, but they work fine for root and nobody.
> This squares with the above su -c not working either for those users.
>
> Thus, I decided to run an getent passwd with strace as user 'krafft'
> (see attachment). To make a long story short, the command hangs on

Btw, I had to do this via testshell since

  su -c /bin/testshell krafft

needs more of a shell and thus does not work, while

  su -s /bin/testshell krafft

does.

if voting could really change things, it would be illegal.
                                         -- revolution books, new york