Re: DNS Resolve dramas

named.conf looks fine. Try to update db.root

dig @A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET . ns > /etc/bind/db.root

Citando Julian De Marchi <Julian.DeMarchi@worldsmartretech.com.au>:

Hi All,

Have had an extremely weird issue with my primary DNS server. All of
a sudden it stops resolving domains names from the ROOT servers. I.E
google.com will not resolve.

The weird part is that there are no errors in syslog. When I perform
the command host google.com it returns SVRFAIL.

I know it is an issue with my DNS server (bind9 chrooted) but I can
not determine where.

Extract of the top of my named.conf file

julian@ns1:~$ sudo cat /etc/bind/named.conf
Password:
// This is the primary configuration file for the BIND DNS server named.
//
// Please read /usr/share/doc/bind9/README.Debian.gz for information on the
// structure of BIND configuration files in Debian, *BEFORE* you customize
// this configuration file.
//
// If you are just adding zones, please do that in /etc/bind/named.conf.local

include "/etc/bind/named.conf.options";

// prime the server with knowledge of the root servers
zone "." {
       type hint;
       file "/etc/bind/db.root";
};

// be authoritative for the localhost forward and reverse zones, and for
// broadcast zones as per RFC 1912

zone "localhost" {
       type master;
       file "/etc/bind/db.local";
};

zone "127.in-addr.arpa" {
       type master;
       file "/etc/bind/db.127";
};

zone "0.in-addr.arpa" {
       type master;
       file "/etc/bind/db.0";
};

zone "255.in-addr.arpa" {
       type master;
       file "/etc/bind/db.255";
};

All my domain names still resolve fine. Just the domain names not
hosted by my BIND9 will not resolve.

Any ideas where I can start the investigation? I have even restored
the named.conf file from a backup, but this does not assist. When I
stop and start the service it resolves for about ten minutes, then
stops.

Regards,
 Julian De Marchi

This email and any attached files are
* confidential and intended solely for the use of the intended recipient
* subject to copyright and the Privacy Act (Cth)
* not intended to create legally binding relations until contracts on
acceptable terms have been signed by all parties.
Any confidentiality or privilege is not lost or waived because of any
error in sending this email to you. If you have received this email
in error, please advise by return email, delete it from your system
and destroy any copies.
Our company is not responsible for any viruses or harmful programs
passed on down via email. You should have installed, up to date virus
scanning software.

The views expressed in this email are those of the sender and should
not necessarily be taken as those of the company.

Fernando Ribeiro // Departamento de Internet @ Tvtel Grande Porto Comunicações
S.A.

http://www.tvtel.pt - Tvtel Comunicações S.A.