Re: Blacklisting (postfix rbl) - recent issue with blackhole.securitysage.com

++ 15/03/07 20:34 +0100 - Robert Hensel (Hensel Hosting):
>http://wiki.openrbl.org/wiki/Blackhole.securitysage.com). Now it seems
>weird that if the rbl host is unreachable Postfix decides to simply take
>that as a "ah well, just block everything then", or maybe something else
>was going on?

As far as I know, this is not default behaviour of Postfix. In other
words, Postfix does not behave like this or you may have configured
Postfix to behave like this.

>>Mar 14 11:01:03 hostname postfix/smtpd[28035]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT
>>from hostname[ip]: 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host
>>[hostname] blocked using blackhole.securitysage.com;
>>from=<address@addresss.com> to=<address@address.com> proto=ESMTP
>>helo=<hostname>

It is quite useless to paste (sections of) logfiles, while munging most
of it. I could have come up with this line myself. The most important
part has been munged as well: the connecting IP address which has been
checked against the blackhole.securitysage.com rbl.

--
Rejo Zenger <rejo@zenger.nl> https://rejo.zenger.nl