Re: windows dynamic storage
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: windows dynamic storage
- From: Anders Holmstrom <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 17:19:44 +1100
- Message-id: <1172729985.4727.27.camel@piglet>
- In-reply-to: <20070301053426.MGIR4877.gx5.fuse.net@attic>
- References: <20070301053426.MGIR4877.gx5.fuse.net@attic>
On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 00:34 -0500, Chris Wagner wrote:
> Rsync [...] Another bone headed thing it does is sets strange
> permissions on target files and does't propagate inheritance.
> [...] This only applies to the Cygwin version
-p preserve permissions
-o preserve owner
-g preserve group
works fine but I can see how it may not under Windows. Don't know if
it's fair to blame rsync though, Windows != Linux. You'd probably have
to rewrite rsync as a native Windows app.
Please don't copy list-mail to me ... I read the list.