Re: windows dynamic storage

Noah Dain wrote:
you can use volume shadow copy in xp and 2003 to create filesystem
level snapshots manually with a few tools.  then you can rsync the
snapshot contents.

http://blogs.msdn.com/adioltean/archive/2005/01/20/357836.aspx
http://blogs.msdn.com/adioltean/archive/2006/09/18/761515.aspx

cygwin apps (rsync, openssh, other goodies to make life with windows a
little more bearable):
http://www.itefix.no/phpws/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=6&MMN_position=150:150

Robocopy seems to work extremely well, has anybody seen any troubles using it at all?

Is robocopy any less good than rsync?

I think, but am not sure, that robocopy checks file / date times (modified or created) and then only acts if these provide a trigger. I don't think that a binary difference in the file (like a corrupted file) will be picked up if the date times are identical -- is this the same with rsync? Or am I incorrect with my theory with any of this?

Kind Regards

AndrewM

Andrew McGlashan
Broadband Solutions now including VoIP