Re: Debian Production Server Modem Query

hi,

On 2/16/07, Julian De Marchi <julian@jdcomputers.com.au> wrote:
Thanks for that information. I have ben looking into Nagios for host
monitoring, but with lack of reading, I did not know it can use a modem.
Will read more.

Any other packages that can do the same? My preference would be for it to
call my mobile while I am away from a workstation and play a message (*.wav
file).

Nagios Plugins can communicate using user defined methods:

Nagios is a host/service/network monitoring and management system. It has
the following features:
.
 o  Contact notifications when problems occur and get resolved (via email,
    pager, or user-defined method)
.
So, you can figure out a suitable tool to call up your number and talk
to you, which you can ask nagios to use.

There are plenty of tools that can be used to send SMS. But, not aware
of any tools for calling up, maybe asterisk would help .

Regards,

--
- Shashishekhar S
Consultant - Debian GNU/Linux