Re: TC bandwidth command

Mike Pearson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to get the TC command to work on our debian box to limit
> traffic in and out to 12 Meg.  The command I am using is:
>
> tc qdisc add dev eth0 root tbf rate 12000kbit latency 25ms burst 1600
> tc qdisc add dev eth1 root tbf rate 12000kbit latency 25ms burst 1600
>
> The problem I am having is that the bandwidth exceeds the 12 Meg by
> almost 5 Meg.
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike Pearson

I would highly recommend you to use cbq-init that you can find here, and
that you should just drop in your /etc/init.d folder:

http://nchc.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/cbqinit/cbq.init-v0.7.3

As you see it's a single file script. Even if it's redhat oriented (it's
configured in /etc/sysconfig), it works perfectly under Debian as well
and does what you need with a very simple configuration. I have found
that a lot more easy than using tc directly.

Thomas