Re: Large file uploads via PHP

On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 07:45:17PM -0500, John Miller wrote:
> We have a user who wants to upload podcasts to her website via PHP forms
> (Wordpress & Drupal).  Some of the podcasts are in the 60-minute+ range
> and take up over 100MB.  Has anyone on the list had experience with this
> sort of thing?
>
> Our setup:
> Dell PowerEdge 2400, 700MHz P3, 1.25 GB RAM, running stock Sarge
> 2.6.8-3-686 SMP kernel
> Apache 1.3.33 (standard Sarge build)
> PHP 4.3.10-18 (via suphp package), running as CGI

it should definitely handle this.. your problem is php.
personaly, I solved this kind of stuff by a short cgi script
in other language, and redirected to php script after upload.
maybe you have to hack wordpress & drupal a little to achieve
that.

> Thus far, I've modified the following php settings:
>
> upload_max_size 250M
> post_max_size 500M
> memory_limit 500M
> max_execution_time 3600

[is gathering of post input included in execution time?
iirc not... but I may be wrong]

--
matej kovac
matej.kovac@telnet.sk