Re: Spam resistent guestbook ?

At 12:19 PM 9/25/2006 -0700, Ken Bowley wrote:
>One of the desired effects that the spambots are trying to achieve is
>higher rankings in search engines for the sites that they are listing in
>the spams by having as many sites as possible linking to them.   By
>removing the guestbook from the main domain and limiting the webcrawlers
>from indexing the site, it makes the guestbook a less desirable target.

I doubt the spammers would know this or even if they did they wouldn't care.
The only effective barbed wire IMO is the random image where u have to type
in the text.  The hard truth is that it's impossible.  And by impossible I
mean it's against the laws of physics.  Anything that a human can understand
and fill out, a script can understand and fill out.  Once they breech the
perimeter the only defense is an analysis of the post itself for spam like
content.  Yep, that puts us right back in the email spam battle.  Spam score
the posts and kill ones that are too high.  A simpler way to do it is to
just look for urls or key words and phrases.

--
REMEMBER THE WORLD TRADE CENTER         ---=< WTC 911 >=--
"...ne cede malis"

00000100