Re: DB mail

You know, it occurs to me that not a single person has responded to the original question of " Is anyone using DB mail for IMAP store?"

I note this, because I too am interested in the answer. I'm guessing that Hans was actually referring to "dbmail" (www.dbmail.org) - an open source mail storage engine, rather than the commercial product "DB mail" (which seems to use a database to drive selective mail sending - e.g. for marketing purposes).

Based on the project website, and comments on Freshmeat (http://freshmeat.net/projects/dbmail/), it seems to be a pretty powerful and stable tool. There are also several enterprise class database-driven email storage products.

Is it fair to say that the lack of direct response indicates that nobody on this list has used dbmail?

Miles

Jordi Miguel wrote:
Hi,

Maybe you can consider Courier as well.

Jordi

On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 19:31 +0200, Hans du Plooy wrote:
On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 19:08 -0400, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> You probably want Cyrus.

Looks that way, thanks!

Hans