Re: pam-pgsql and libnss-pgsql1

Am 2006-08-18 12:01:07, schrieb Stephen Gran:

> First, it works fine on alioth, so it's not that it doesn't work.  Some
> parameters may have changed - please reread the README and so on.  I
> can't give you any advice at all based on 'does not work'.  There is a
> fine FAQ about asking intelligent questions, but I'm sure you've seen it
> already, so I won't bore you with the details.
>
> Second, LDAP was designed for exactly this sort of thing.  What's the

Which mean we have to maintain PostgreSQL and LDAP
(with all its dependancies).

> problem with it?  Admittedly LDAP has a steep learning curve, but it
> mostly Just Works when you've got it set up properly.

We can not switch, since PostgreSQL must do more then only
accounting stuff.  LDAP can not replace the database.

Note:   We you a realy to the bare minimum striped Sarge
        system to avoid unneccesary maintenance...  and
        security updates (I am working for the FR gov.)

Greetings
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)