Re: Email question

Chris Davies wrote:

> Also another question about Exim4, I keep getting frozen messages,  like
> this one.  How would I save then del them from the que? or just del them?
> 99.9% of them SpamAssassin says they are spam but  they keep adding up
> in my que.

Disclaimer: My method of dealing with these is a bit of a bodge,
so suggestions for improvement are very welcome.

Set (in /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.localmacros):

MAIN_TIMEOUT_FROZEN_AFTER = 24h
MAIN_FREEZE_TELL = frozen-mail

Create the user:

adduser --system --no-create-home --disabled-login frozen-mail

Create a daily cron job to purge this file, e.g:

---
#!/bin/sh

TARGET='/var/mail/frozen-mail'

if [[ -s $TARGET ]]; then
  mv $TARGET TARGET.old
  rm $TARGET.old
fi
---

Now, forget about frozen mail. :-p

You can also delete frozen mails from the queue, with the
appropriate combination of mailq, grep, awk and exim4 (can't
remember exactly off the top of my head) but I've never needed to
bother.

Hope this helps,

--
George Borisov