Re: More sorbs blacklisting

On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 01:36:44PM +0100, John Kelly wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 11:31:25 +0100, Neil McGovern <neilm@debian.org>
> wrote:
>
> > We asked, and was pointed at http://www.nl.sorbs.net/faq/dul.shtml
> >
> > It says:
> >
> > > Time to Live of the MX record needs to be at least 43200 seconds.
>
> That's 12 hours.
>
> Mine is only 8 hours.  What's wrong with 8?  Or even 2, what's wrong
> with 2?

Indeed. I've also tried the "adjust rDNS and TTL" approach but my ISP
(yesterday) said they won't adjust TTL (currently 21600) so that one's a
non-starter.

> Why does anyone use SORBS?

They don't know how to use Google? :-)

> I don't.  I use:
>
> dynablock.njabl.org

I use content-based filtering with spambayes, have done for a few
years now and it is very effective, particularly in regard to having a
low rate of false positives. (And congratulations to Debian for
finally providing it as a Debian package!) I do admit it would have
certain disadvantages if used by an ISP for server-side filtering,
though, particularly in regard to CPU usage.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons