Re: More sorbs blacklisting

Il 9 Jul 2006 alle 23:23 Juha-Matti Tapio immise in rete
> If a local email system accepts email for delivery and it is not
> accepted by the end server, any proper correctly functioning email
> system would return a bounce that explains why the message was not
> delivered. Either your ISP's system is broken and does not send
> bounces, or you father's ISP's system is broken and it null-routes
> emails, or you simply did not notice the bounces.

> Since this is debian-isp, I would like to know if someone has any
> actual reasons why smarthosting should be considered a bad idea?

The one you wrote above is one: often you cannot trust for delivery
errors,

Also: avoiding smarthosts it is far more faster in delivery (i set ot deliver
diretly, if after 6 minutes is not delivered next run will be throught a
smarthost)!

--
Leonardo Boselli
Nucleo Informatico e Telematico del Dipartimento Ingegneria Civile