Re: 15 second delay during login

also sprach Stephen Gran <sgran@debian.org> [2006.07.04.1226 +0200]:
> Do they run nscd?  I haven't seen it block that long, but I have seen it
> take a little while to return data.

Yes, but turning it off only makes the whole thing longer, and it's
basically the same cause multiple times, so after the first TLS
delay, there's another one because of the lack of caching.

Also, turning it off also causes reads of /proc to block for an
eternity. I fired up a `ps aux' right after stopping nscd, then
started replying here, it still hasn't come back.

> --
>  -----------------------------------------------------------------
> |   ,''`.                                            Stephen Gran |
> |  : :' :                                        sgran@debian.org |
> |  `. `'                        Debian user, admin, and developer |
> |    `-                                     http://www.debian.org |

`. `'`

"i sometimes think that god
 in creating man