Re: Sysklogd Rotation

Andrew Miehs wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I have added a file to my syslog config for storing local1.log. I now
> wanted to go about
> rotating it every day, and storing 32 files (and only this file).
>
> After looking at /etc/cron.daily/sysklogd I am starting to wonder
> whether this is
> really sensible - or whether I should start looking at syslog-ng?!

You can do what you want with sysklogd.  The default, however, is to
not rotate log files on a daily basis unless then grow too large.
However, adding the "-s pattern" commandline to the execution of
syslogd-listfiles you can filter out the files you want to handle
separately.  Don't forget to actualy handle them separately.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Have you ever noticed that "General Public Licence" contains the word "Pub"?