Re: Does the latest version of Debian support Dual Core Processors?

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 10:09:48AM +0200, Guus Houtzager wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 June 2006 18:24, Frederik Denkens wrote:
> > Another question: And will it also enable the virtualisation extensions
> > (Intel VT) for use with XEN?
>
> An Intel D 805 doesn't have VT extensions. You need a D 9xx for that.
> Look at http://www.intel.com/products/processor_number/index.htm (then click
> on the "click here" link) for more info. Not even the new Core Duo / Solo's
> seem to have VT.

Oh yes, right you are.  When the poster brought up VT I assumed he'd
already checked it had those features.

http://www.intel.com/cd/channel/reseller/asmo-na/eng/products/desktop/processor/processors/pentium-d/feature/index.htm

provides a bit of a comparison between the 9xx and 8xx.

Cheers,
Andy

--
http://strugglers.net/wiki/Xen_hosting -- A Xen VPS hosting hobby
Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB