Re: Mail, SMTP headers and things like that

also sprach Andrew Miehs <andrew@2sheds.de> [2006.06.06.1421 +0200]:
> I was unfortunately unable to find anywhere in the rfcs
> stating that the rfc2821 and rfc2822 from addresses needed
> to be identical, or whether they are allowed to be different.

They can be as different as the sender address on a regular mail
envelope and the signature or letterhead on the paper within.

So yeah, go wild. :)

(in fact, this mail will have different envelope and rfc822
senders).

`. `'`

"i started taking an online add test, linked from
 someone's blog. i never finished it; i got distracted, and clicked
 on random other shiny things"
                                                   -- andres salomon