Re: mon vs nagios

On Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 11:04:01AM -0400,
 Dan MacNeil <dan@thecsl.org> wrote
 a message of 16 lines which said:

> We're about to start down the path of configuring mon [] to monitor
> our servers. (It looked much simpler than nagios [2] )

I use mon. I tried Nagios several times and never went past the
equivalent of "Hello, world". Writing monitors and alerts for mon is
very simple, indeed while it seems incredibly complicated for Nagios.

I could summarize by saying that, for X-men, Nagios may be nice but
for ordinary human beings, mon is probably simpler.