ISP capacity maturity model

If we are hosting one web site and providing email for 10 users, we can get by just fine with /etc/passwd. An LDAP server would be overkill.

If we have 50,000 email accounts we probably need something like perdition or cyrus murder.

The infrastructure we need depends on how we big we are. Too much infrastructure means more complexity than we need. Too little means too much hand work.

Right now, we're pretty small. We host 35 sites and provide email to 300 people. We'd like to add infrastructure as we need it, not before and not after.

Is the next step up, 100 sites and 400 users ?

To get to the next level (whatever that is), where do we need to be with these bits of infrastructure?

	Customer Control Panel
	Billing
	Accounting
	SPAM filtering
	DNS
	IMAP/POP3/Webmail
	apache
		chrooting ?
		load balancing ?
	help ticketing
	log monitoring
	remote server monitoring
	routing (BGP ?)
	quality assurance?
	canned cgi scripts?
	domain registration automation

Is the list above complete?

Are there other bits of infrastructure a good hosting organization should have at the next level?