Re: restoring /var/cache/apt & dpkg

Hello,

  So...

  /var/cache/apt - I don't have it anymore... what was in file
  pkgcache.bin?

  /var/lib/apt - it seems that only downloaded Packages&Release files
  were there, so no problem

  /var/cache/debconf - is gone
  /var/lib/dpkg/alternatives - is gone
  /var/lib/dpkg/info/ - some files are gone

  Where are all important files like database of what is installed?
  Does aptitude and dpkg use the same database? Because
  /var/lib/aptitude is ok...

--
  bYE, Marki