Re: IP-aliases, sporadically changing src address for outbound traffic

Michael Loftis wrote:

--On February 28, 2006 9:09:08 PM +0100 Henrik Heil <hhml@zweipol.net> wrote:

Now I'm a bit puzzled if
a) this is normal/known
b) ip route ... src ... will fix it (hard to test)

Thanks in advance,
Henrik

The way to prevent this is for aliases to be netmask 255.255.255.255 w/o a gateway.

Thanks a lot, it works -- and (as always) I don't know why I didn't think of this before.

Out of curiosity -- what is the reason that one of the IPs (.213, the last in /etc/network/interfaces) was chosen that often when I had all aliases (mis)configured with the same netmask/gateway?

Regards,
Henrik

--
Henrik Heil, zweipol Coy & Heil GbR