Re: [Fwd: RE: reverse dns]

--On January 23, 2006 1:36:40 AM -0600 Rodney Richison <rodney@rcrcomputing.com> wrote:

You are no less than absolutely brilliant!
I've yet to have them change the delegation, but otherwise, you were
EXACTLY right!

Eh not really, no feats of prestidigitation here. I run several networks, some pretty large ones, and sub delegations for less than /24 are always done in ways extremely similar to this. I tend to use -'s instead of / as seperators because there are some DNS servers out there that puke on / for some reason when serving authoritative data. BIND not being one of them. PowerDNS used to, but that's been fixed as of 2.9.20ish or 2.9.19, can't remember if Bert rolled the changes into 19 or if it's in the upcoming 20 release.

In any event, it's pretty standard way of doing it. Once I saw ATT's 192/.... response I did a quick dig query for CNAMEs in the same space, found them, which told me my hunch was right. Elementary my dear watson, elementary. ;)