Re: Exim not accepting undescore in server name?

--On January 17, 2006 1:46:50 AM -0600 "R. W. Rodolico" <rod@dailydata.net> wrote:

Thanks. In several years of doing this, I never realized that.

Yeah, BIND will warn about it if you've warnings enabled...outside of that, I'm not aware of any software horking on it like Exim apparently does. I use postfix personally.

The unfortunate reality is that because the DNS implementations have never expressly forbidden _'s we have to allow sending and receiving to/from hostnames with _'s.