Re: Large file uploads via PHP

The problem is ftp is pretty crap, then you end up having to trouble
shoot all sorts of annoying ftp client / firewall hassles, passive VS
non passive, telling people to use filezilla because a web browser is a
really crap ftp client when used through a proxy.. etc etc..
Not to mention trying to use secure ftp through a firewall.

but yes uploading via http / php brings a whole pile of its own
problems, it would be good to have a solution that doesn't bring in all
the problems ftp has.

WinSCP seems like a possible solution here... free GPL windows client,
and a backend that uses normal Linux components, still it's extra
software to install, would be nice to have it all in the browser.