Re: 15 second delay during login

Original thread:
  http://lists.debian.org/debian-isp/2006/07/msg00007.html

A colleague of mine figured this one out: we have ca-certificates
installed, and for some reason (yet to be investigated),
sshd/su/login/whatever would cause PAM/libnss to enumerate all the
certificates and try one after the other -- we're using LDAP over
TLS for PAM/libnss.

The reason for this were the settings

  tls_cacertdir /etc/ssl/certs
  tls_checkpeer yes

in /etc/libnss-ldap.conf and /etc/pam_ldap.conf. Setting

  tls_cacertfile /etc/ssl/certs/ailab_ca.pem

instead of tls_cacertdir fixed the issue.

I now wonder whether this is a bug in the LDAP clients since the SSL
hashes in /etc/ssl/certs exist and could be used to quickly locate
the CA certificate the server presented.

Thoughts?

NP: Porcupine Tree / Pure Narcotic