Re: how to remove inet6 in debian?

On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 01:40:54PM +0300, Bogdan Hojda wrote:
> Adrian Minta wrote:
> >You must create a file:
> >/etc/modprobe.d/00local
> >with the following content:
> >alias net-pf-10 off
> >alias ipv6 off

> Instead of creating a new file in /etc/modprobe.d/, wouldn't be better
> and more "standard" to add those lines in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist ?

>    blacklist net-pf-10
>    blacklist ipv6

The proper and more "standard" way is to create your own file, so that
the system-managed /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist file doesn't have to be
manually patched every time dpkg updates it.

Mind you, I would use the blacklist lines rather than the alias lines
in my 'local' file... I dunno if you need to blacklist net-pf-10 or
just ipv6

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, B.Sc, LPI, MCSE
On-hiatus Asian Studies student, ANU
Paul.Hampson@Pobox.Com

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.
 -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.1/au/