Re: debian hosting in germany/netherlands

On 27/09/2006, at 10:12 AM, Jan Wagner wrote:

I did meet some of the hetzner staff and they didn´t give a very educated
impression.
Also some colleagues didn´t score hetzner well and additional I know one person which has good connections to hetzner and I got some background infos ~1 year ago, so I realized, that if I ever need a rootserver, I will not host
it there.

Lets put it this way - I needed to 'fix' their default debian install,
/etc/network/interfaces was a mess.

Other than a few quirks there, I am pretty happy.

I find it much easier to have them look after the hardware - I used to have my own hardware hosted at a provider - It really depends on your requirements - and size

Andrew