Re: DB mail

Yes, you're right. I didn't answer the question directly.

I suposed that we descard the DB mail storing solution because it
dosen't make a clear difference on front of filesystem solution.

In the DBmail web it says
"Speed: Dbmail uses very efficient, database specific queries for
retrieving mail information. This is much faster then parsing a
filesystem."

I'm not agree with that. Although queries can be very efficient this
dosen't avoid to parse the filesystem later to locate the data on the
disk.

Anyway, this system stores the mail on a Mysql or PostgreSQl engine.
Depending on our demand this engines may not be enough for a good
performance. In case I had to choose one, postgre scales better (+120
connections).

I think I have answer the question this time.

" Is anyone using DB mail for IMAP store?"
Not, i'm not using it according to my opinion. I'm using filesystem
Reiser or XFS with courier imap/pop service.
The DBmail could be a good solution in low traffic environments or
another specific scenario.

Jordi