Re: Controlling server access

Dan MacNeil wrote:

> man sshd_config says:
>
>      AllowGroups
>         This keyword can be followed by a list of group name
>     patterns, separated by spaces.  If specified, login
>         is allowed only for users whose primary group or
>     supplementary group list matches one of the patterns.
>         '*' and '?' can be used as wildcards in the patterns.
>     Only group names are valid; a numerical group ID
>         is not recognized.  By default, login is allowed
>     for all groups.
>
> --I think somebody pointed this out to me. I don't think I read the man
> page on my own.

I am aware of that but that would imply having POSIX groups which list
who can log into which boxes.  A user could do a "getent group
groupname" to see who can access boxes which worries me somewhat.

I am also aware of the pam_ldap filter setting that limits that can
limit on groupOfNames groups.   My question was more orientated towards
how people are approaching the problem/whether it is even a problem?

S.

--
Simon Tennant ________________ http://imaginator.com/~simon/contact