Re: distributed filesystem for backup

--On September 10, 2006 12:53:59 PM +0200 Andrew Miehs <andrew@2sheds.de> wrote:

A friend of mine is running GFS on Debian Sarge. You just need to add
the patches to the kernel. (Using a kernel org kernel).

If you can not afford a SAN, you could possibly look at doing it with
something like iscsi.

Cheers

ISCSI or there are a few multiport U160/U320 external RAID systems. ICP Vortex GDT* controllers can be clustered too (IE multiple controllers on the same SCSI using the same RAIDn backends) ... I've never used that but I think you could have GFS on that....