Re: More sorbs blacklisting

> > Am 2006-08-25 13:49:19, schrieb Matus UHLAR - fantomas:
> > > what dns names do they use?
>
> On 26.08.06 22:09, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> > They have <lineX.ipdslamN.mydomain.net> if the customers
> > do not want to host anything there own.
> >
> > Where X is 01 to 24 and N is 01 to 04 currently
> >
> > > do they have statically assigned IP's?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> I think this is clearly the case where statically assigned IPs have generic
> DSL names, which leads to the expectation they are dynamically assigned
> (imho, no wonder).
>
> I recommend changing them to advise they are statically assigned, e.g.
> <staticX.ipdslamN.mydomain.net>, register them in whois DB as such and mail
> to that list' admins.

Interresting read from
<url:http://www.dnsbl.au.sorbs.net/faq/dul.shtml>:

----8<----8<----8<----8<----
How we identify Static/Dynamic Hosts via DNS Records.

SORBS uses the following Internet Draft for determining whether networks
are statically or dynamically by rDNS.
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dnsop/draft-msullivan-dnsop-generic-naming-sche
mes-00.txt

SORBS strongly encourages review of generic naming schemes which are of

Note: This is a Suggested Naming Scheme for Generic Naming of Networks.
We advise and encourage the use of the actual hostnames as PTR records
rather than generic records where ever possible.

Also note that SORBS expects TTLs for hosts within generic named ranges
to be 24 hours or more as generic schemes generally indicate a
reluctance to set hostnames and therefore indicate the records are
unlikely to change. Short TTLs (especially under 3600 seconds) tend to
indicate the records are about to be changed, or change regularly.

--
Bertrand